Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Why Should Video Games Be Considered A Sport? SSR


Is it just me, or am I the only one who thinks video games shouldn't be a sport? Video games require no athletic ability, the very definition of Sport is an activity involving Physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. All video games supply is entertainment for those with nothing else to do. The only video game that would be considered a sport is Wii. Games like Mario Bros, Sonic, Halo, and Call Of Duty,
are not sports. The definition of Video Game is a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or other display screen. See, nowhere in there does it say anything about it being an athletic sport, or any sport.

                                                    
                                                                            VS
 
Sports are soccer, football, basketball, baseball, track, snowboarding, skiing, volleyball, tennis, and a whole bunch more that I don't want to list. There have been countless debates on this topic because video games are a competition, yes I agree that it involves competition but it is like chess, it is a mind exerciser. Spending to much time on video games is just not healthy, whether you consider it a sport or not. You should try playing an hour of video games then go outside for an hour and play a game like basketball, then tell which one you think is a sport. I bet you will say basketball. Video games may be a fun hobby, but I think it should stay like that, a hobby.

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I love the fact you stated what you thought and stood by it. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I don't agree with your statement I like how you compared video games to real sports. I like how detailed you made your post. Good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I don't agree with your post it was very detailed. When I read you post it made me change my decision about the topic cause of how detailed it was. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a very good job describing what a sport meant and what a video game meant. Also nice job on giving examples. P.S I really love your title!

    ReplyDelete